At the college level
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 11:14 am
The Messenger 08.20.08
Ty Jenkins, son of Deb Jenkins of Union City and Tyrone Jenkins of Mason Hall, recently graduated from Loyola University Chicago School of Law.
A 1997 graduate of Obion County Central High School, he holds a bachelor of science degree in business administration from the University of Tennessee at Martin and a master of science degree in accounting from the University of Memphis.
Prior to law school, Jenkins was an auditor for Ernst & Young, LLP, in Nashville.
He is also a certified public accountant and will begin work this fall with Deloitte Tax, LLP, in Chicago.
— — —
Several Obion County residents were among the students who received degrees from the University of Tennessee at Martin during recent summer commencement exercises.
Among the students who received graduate degrees were:
• Union City — Rebekah Clarice Blackley Carman and Rebecca K. Sherman.
Among those who received undergraduate degrees were:
• Kenton — Robert Frank Somerville;
• Rives — Robin Sherell Jenkins;
• South Fulton — Chase L. Elliott;
• Troy — Melissa Gayle Tipps; and
• Union City — Drew Tyson Babb, Christy Lynn Bugg, Jennifer Nicole Churchwell, Samuel Warren Kendall, Youree Rochelle Maddox, Travis Lee McIntosh, John Matthew Oliver, Adam Hudson Reeves, Emily Ann Sparks, Christopher J. Underwood and Bradley Thomas Zill.
Dr. Karen Bowyer, Dyersburg State Community College president, was the keynote speaker. Dr. John Petersen, University of Tennessee president, congratulated the graduates and Dr. Tom Rakes, UT Martin chancellor, presided and conferred degrees on the graduates.
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, summer commencement, Ty Jenkins, University of Tennessee at Martin