At the college level
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 10:40 am
The Messenger 12.31.08
Lindsey Mathis of Troy recently graduated from the University of Memphis with a bachelor’s degree in elementary education.
She is the daughter of Kent and Ellis Mathis of Troy.
Her grandparents are David and Mary Jane Mathis of Rives and Kathryn Gammons of Troy and the late Ed Gammons.
Miss Mathis is a 2004 Challenge Graduate of Obion County Central High School in Troy and a 2006 graduate of Dyersburg State Community College, where she earned an associate’s degree in elementary education.
She is the first grandchild on either side of her family to graduate from college, according to her father.
Miss Mathis is currently employed as a teacher in the Dyer County School System.
— — —
Several Obion County and Fulton County, Ky., residents were among the students who received degrees from the University of Tennessee at Martin during recent fall commencement, held in the Kathleen and Tom Elam Center on the UT Martin campus.
The students who received undergraduate degrees, listed by hometown, included:
• Elbridge — Donald Joshua Qualls;
• Hornbeak — Shara Shantae Flowers;
• Kenton — Bethany Lynn Griggs;
• Rives — Joseph Christopher Caldwell;
• South Fulton — Linn McClain, Jessica Leigh McKinney and Richard W. Nipp;
• Troy — Kevin O’Neal Jones, Amanda Rachel Morrow and Tarrah Lee Reed;
• Union City — Ryan S. Angel, Shannon Lea Brown, Perry Benjamin Burnett, Allan Bradley Carman, Amanda Kay Carr, Tyler Lee Shelton Hargrove, Whitney J. Hyde, Derek Hammond Ivy, Lacinda Jan Legate, Mary Beth McManus, Hilary R. Norrid, Don David Parks, Ashley Ann Reeves, Sara Anne Rieger, Kristi Leigh Roberson, Kelly Laine Wheeler and Cory Lynn Workman; and
• Hickman, Ky. — Brandy D. Whitten.
Among the students who received graduate degrees from UT Martin, also listed by hometown, were:
• Rives — Allison Faith Robinson Palmer;
• Troy — Nancy Lee Johnson and Jon Wesley Kerr;
• Union City — Jamie Lynn Adams, Laura Jackson Castro, Lindsay Morgan Graham, Tara Boren Rushton and Thomas John York; and
• Fulton — David A. Wynn.
graduates, Lindsey Mathis, University of Memphis, University of Tennessee at Martin