UC council to meet
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 3:26 pm
The Messenger, June 20, 2011
The Union City city council will meet Tuesday evening at 5:30 in the courtroom of the Union City Municipal Building for a public hearing and the regular monthly meeting. There will also be a special presentation noting the retirement of Bill Bell.
The agenda for the public hearing includes consideration of the following:
• an ordinance establishing a reserve fund and account for the deposits of fines collected through the speed and red light enforcement system;
• an amendment of the appropriations ordinance for the City of Union City for fiscal year beginning July 1, 2010, and ending June 30, 2011.
The agenda for the business meeting includes:
• an approval of minutes from the June 7 meeting;
• a request form the county regarding properties acquired by them due to non-payment of taxes;
• consideration of the Redflex contract amendment request;
• presentation of the budget for Union City Board of Education;
• a request for approval of job descriptions for an accounting administrator and a personnel administrator;
• appointments to the City Beautiful Commission (Ward 4 and at large for three-year terms), the Electric Power Board (four-year term), the Obion County Industrial Development Corp. (three-year term) and the Obion County Public Library (three-year term);
• consideration of bid submitted for street paving;
• consideration of the minutes of the Planning Commission;
• consideration of various other bills.
Visitors will also be recognized for the hearing of grievances and/or complaints.
Public meetings are regularly held the first and third Tuesdays of each month and all sessions are open to the public.
For additional information about this meeting or any other, call the city clerk at 885-1341.