UC council to meet
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 3:03 pm
The Messenger, July 5, 2011
The Union City city council will meet this evening at 5:30 in the courtroom of the Union City Municipal Building for a regular monthly meeting.
The agenda includes consideration of the following:
• a request from the county regarding properties acquired by them due to non-payment of taxes;
• an approval of minutes from the June 21 meeting;
• a second and final reading of an ordinance establishing a reserve fund and account for the deposits of fines collected through the speed and red light enforcement system;
• a second and final reading of an ordinance amending the appropriations ordinance for the City of Union City for fiscal year beginning July 2010 and ending June 30, 2011;
• first reading of an ordinance providing that the Code of Ordinances of the City of Union City be amended by revising Title 12 of the code concerning building, utility and other codes;
• first reading of an ordinance adopting the Municipal Regional Subdivision Regulations for the City of Union City;
• consideration of a contract with Barker Brothers Waste Inc. for fiscal year beginning July 1, 2011, and ending June of 2012;
• bid selection for construction of a rail spur in the new industrial park;
• consideration of a job description for a customer service manager;
• miscellaneous items.
Visitors will also be recognized for the hearing of grievances and/or complaints.
Public meetings are regularly held the first and third Tuesdays of each month and all sessions are open to the public. For additional information about this meeting or any other, call the city clerk at 885-1341.