UC council to meet
Posted: Monday, October 3, 2011 5:38 pm
The Messenger, October 3, 2011
The Union City city council will meet Tuesday evening at 5:30 in the courtroom of the Union City Municipal Building for a regular monthly meeting.
The public hearing agenda includes consideration of the following:
• update and consideration of information related to the former Reelfoot Packing Co.;
• update and consideration on transferring county property (tax position);
• a second and final reading of an ordinance setting the tax rate for the city for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2011, and extending through June 30, 2012;
• a second and final reading of an ordinance appropriating funds from the hotel/motel tax receipts;
• a resolution on a revised salary plan and merit system for the City of Union City;
• a proclamation in recognition of Lawrence L. Reddick III, bishop of the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church;
• consideration of a decision to place new road signs for Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union City;
• miscellaneous items.
Visitors will also be recognized for the hearing of grievances and/or complaints.
Public meetings are regularly held the first and third Tuesdays of each month and all sessions are open to the public.
For additional information about this meeting or any other, call the city clerk at 885-1341.