UC council to meet
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2011 3:21 pm
The Messenger, October 17, 2011
The Union City city council will meet Tuesday evening at 5:30 in the courtroom of the Union City Municipal Building for a regular monthly meeting.
There will be a public hearing before the business session begins and the agenda item includes a review of the Union City Hazard Mitigation plan.
Items on the regular meeting agenda include:
• approval of minutes from the Oct. 4 session;
• an update and consideration of the transfer of county property (tax position);
• the Obion County Leadership Class Project at Kiwanis Park;
• a proclamation concerning Red Ribbon Week (Oct. 23-31);
• adoption of the Emergency Response Plan — water system;
• a request for a new water line at 1444 Richards Road;
• Public Works and Police Department reports and recommendation for truck weight limits on residential streets;
• a Christmas parade update;
• acceptance of minutes of the Planning Commission meeting from Sept. 15;
• miscellaneous items, including a report on the pool closure.
Visitors will also be recognized for the hearing of grievances and/or complaints.
Public meetings are regularly held the first and third Tuesdays of each month and all sessions are open to the public.
For additional information about this meeting or any other, call the city clerk at 885-1341.