Vancleave, Lynch fastest finishers in Soybean 5K
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 6:19 pm
James Lynch of Clarksville, with a time of 16 minutes and 44 seconds, won the men’s division of the Soybean 5K Road Race. Katie Beth Vancleave of Rives, with a time of 22:13 seconds, was the winner of the women’s division of the Soybean 5K Road Race.
Trophies were awarded to the overall male and female winners and to first, second and third-place finishers in various age groups for both men and women.
Those receiving trophies in the Soybean 5K for the various age groups and their times were:
• Women 11-13: first, Leslie Patterson, Martin (29:59); second Brittney Johnson, Martin (36:32)
• Women 14-16: first, Sarah Hatler, Dresden (22:39); second, Tori Flippin, Dresden (32:43); third, Cassie Hood, Martin (35:43)
• Women 17-19: first, Marianeia D’Aprile, Martin, (26:49); second, Jennifer Brooks, Martin, (26:58)
• Women 20-29: first, Tabitha Wendt, Bradford, (26:58) second, Nicholette Gearin, Bradford (26:59); third, Kandi Parker, Martin (31:53)
• Women 30-39: first, Candra Smith, Martin (27:10); second, Jennifer Miller, Martin (28:07); third, Peggy Callahan, Martin (30:11)
• Women 40-49: first, Lesia Sexton, Trussville, Ala. (26:27); second, Gina Ward, Troy (26:42); third, Carol Blanchard, Martin (26:50)
• Women 50-59: first, Lynn Patterson, Martin (22:48); second, Jeannie Riggs, Finley (36:01)
• Women 60+: first, Sandy Davis, Martin (29:41); second, Brenda Bertschi, Paris (30:28);
• Men 11-13: first, Donavon Davis, Dresden (20:57); second, Donivon Sawyer, Dresden (23:22); third, Cameron Mills, Tiptonville (37:48)
• Men 14-16: first, Joshua Gale, Obion (21:09); second, Drake Campbell, Dresden (19:39); third, Garrett Stanford, Union City 20:20)
• Men 17-19: first, Tallon Scott, Dyersburg (16:49); second, Benjamin Sparks, Brownsville (17:41); third, Cody Lemmons, Martin (17:46)
• Men 20-29: first, James Holmes, Clarksville (19:55); second, John Cole, Martin (29:30); third, George Black, Fulton, Ky. 40:38)
• Men 30-39: first, Blake Gallimore, Dresden (18:19); second, Ritchie Brawley, Martin (22:23); third, Dusty Gibson, Martin (25:23)
• Men 40-49: first, Todd Maxey, Dresden (20:06); second, David Hatler, Dresden (21:28); third, Donnie Craddock. Union City (22:29)
• Men 50-59: first, Armis Shaffrer, Trenton (20:32); second, Joe Konkol, Union City (20:35); third, Bob McCurdy, Dyer (22:00)
• Men 60+: first, Phil Davis, of Martin (22:20); second, Les MacDiarmid, Martin (23:59); third, Gary Brown, Martin (38:10)
In the 1 Mile Kids Fun Run, Alexis Shanklin, age 10, won the girls division with Kareliz Perez, age 10, finishing second. In the boys division, first place went to Paxton Davis, age 8, with Parker Maxey, age 8, finishing in second place and Nolan Johnson, age 8, taking third place.
The Martin Kiwanis Club, Ken-Tenn Sports and The Sideline Physical Therapy and Fitness Center thank all the runners and walkers for their participation in this event. A special thank you goes to the running clubs of Dresden, Obion Central High School and Lake County for their participation.
Other special thanks go to the Skyhawk cross country running team from the University of Tennessee at Martin, to UT Martin’s Campus Recreation Division and to the staff of Martin Recreation Department for their assistance in the promotion and execution of the race. The Kiwanis Club also wishes to thank the Martin Police Department for their assistance with traffic control.