At the college level
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 10:06 am
The Messenger 01.13.10
Several Obion County and Fulton residents were among students who received degrees from the University of Tennessee at Martin during the recent fall commencement, held in Kathleen and Tom Elam Center on campus.
Among those who received undergraduate degrees were:
• Kenton — Ryan Steven Bowlin.
• Rives — Sarah Leigh Holt, Jessica Gayle McBride and Julie Savannah Phillips.
• South Fulton — Chasity Nicole Conner, Jaclyn Elizabeth Cook, Brandon M. Culver, Brooke Devone Harris, Anthony Michael Reynolds, Michael Shane Snow and Laura Allison Williams.
• Troy — Stephanie Lynn Lovett and Graham Sanders Smith.
• Union City — Martha Corina Arenivas, Jon Reed Autry, Jeromy J. Bell, Kathy Ann Boddie, Alyssa Ann Brock, William Lucian Burnett, Thomas Everett Elam IV, Bradi Leanne (Fuzzell) Burnett, Joseph Scott Gilliam Jr., Thomas Edward Gossett II, Kayla JohnAnne Harris, Brian David Hawks, Brittany A. Hudson, Thomas G. Jackson, Aury Slaught Kangelos, Jenna Marie Kinsey, Chance Landon Kirk, Ed Laster, Michael Durale Lockridge, Adrienne Nicole Calhoun Ogden, Kathryn Temperance Ramsey, Megan Leigh Russell, Michael Brandon Thomas, Menta M. Thompson, Meredith Leigh Thompson and Abbey Catherine Wilkes.
• Fulton — Kenya Tamu Boyer, Nicholas Scott Moon, Heather Michell Pfleuger and Rachel Jean Wynn.
The students who received graduate degrees included:
• Obion — Michelle Hurst.
• Rives — Shannon McWherter.
• South Fulton — Patsy Potts.
• Troy — George Leake II.
• Union City — Tasha Bell, James Bennett, Lance Morgan, Bethany Lane “Laney” (Caudle) Rogers, Amanda Saladin and Brian Saladin.
— — —
A number of students from Obion County earned academic honors at the University of Tennessee at Knoxville for the fall term.
Students whose term average is 3.8 through 4.0 earn summa cum laude. Those who make 3.65 through 3.79 earn magna cum laude and those with a grade average of 3.5 through 3.64 earn cum laude.
The local honorees include:
• Union City — Jay Burnett, business administration, magna cum laude; Katie Donaldson, communication and information, magna cum laude; Adam Moon, engineering, cum laude; and Lindsay Smith, nursing, magna cum laude.
• South Fulton — Matthew McKinney, engineering, magna cum laude.
• Troy — Tharon Snuggs, arts and sciences, summa cum laude.
— — —
Several students from Obion County were among those recently honored for scholastic achievements at Dyersburg State Community College by being named to either the Dean’s List or honor roll.
The Dean’s List honorees for the fall semester included:
• Kenton — Brittany Parker.
• Troy — Whitney Davis, Sandra Eaves, Lacy Eaves, Surina Hunter, Kisha Kelly, Michael Quinton and Magen Warner.
• Union City — Elizabeth Hammersley, James Heath-cott, Chantella Jackson, Lisa Obregon and Melissa Young.
To be included on the Dean’s List at DSCC, a student must complete at least 12 semester hours of college level courses during the semester and earn a grade point average of 3.5 or higher for the semester.
Among those named to the honor roll for the fall semester were:
• Hornbeak — Brandy Orr and Natalie Seals.
• Kenton — Chelsey Par-nell.
• Obion — Jeff Gordon and Maria Rodriguez.
• Rives — Spencer Minyard.
• Troy — Jordan Barker, Katelyn Black, Megen Haskins, Lauren Hayes and Grace Wright.
• Union City — Rachel Berry, Amber Craddock, Mark Hall, Jessica Hargrove, May Simpson and Cathy Williams.
To be included on DSCC’s honor roll, a student must complete at least 12 semester hours of college level courses during the semester and earn a grade point average between 3.0 and 3.49 during the semester.