UC council to meet
Posted: Tuesday, September 4, 2012 3:26 pm
The Messenger, September 3, 2012
The Union City city council will meet Tuesday evening at 5:30 in the courtroom of the Union City Municipal Building for a regular monthly meeting.
Items on the regular meeting agenda include:
• receiving Planning Commission minutes and the taking of appropriate action, including a first reading of an ordinance to amend the zoning ordinance of the city to delete and restate provisions governing signs;
• dealing with a request for a street closing for the Sept. 15 Cruise-In from 9 a.m.-11 p.m.;
• authorization for a tornado siren battery purchase;
• authorization for the police department auction of seized and surplus vehicles Sept. 13;
• miscellaneous items and bills.
Visitors will also be recognized for the hearing of grievances and/or complaints.
Public meetings are regularly held the first and third Tuesdays of each month and all sessions are open to the public.
For additional information about this meeting or any other, call the city clerk at 885-1341.