UC council to meet
Posted: Tuesday, November 6, 2012 10:58 am
The Messenger, November 5, 2012
The Union City city council will meet Tuesday evening at 5:30 in the courtroom of the Union City Municipal Building for a regular monthly meeting.
Items on the agenda for the regular meeting include:
• consideration of a street closing request, including all entrances to Washington Avenue and Second Street at Bill Burnett Circle from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Nov. 26 for the annual Christmas tree lighting event and on First Street from Reelfoot Shopping Center to Leah Street from 6:30-8 p.m. that day for the Christmas parade;
• a resolution to adopt a records management plan;
• a resolution authorizing the issuance of general obligation bonds in the aggregate principal amount not to exceed $5,540,000;
• an initial resolution authorizing the issuance of general obligation bonds of the City of Union City not to exceed $40,000;
• adoption of new job descriptions for wastewater treatment plant crew leader and operator 2;
• reports on the Greenway update and Select Tennessee Application;
• a presentation of appreciation and recognition;
• miscellaneous items and bills.
Visitors will also be recognized for the hearing of grievances and/or complaints.
Public meetings are regularly held the first and third Tuesdays of each month and all sessions are open to the public.
For additional information about this meeting or any other, call the city clerk at 885-1341.