UC council to meet
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:08 pm
The Messenger, November 20, 2012
The Union City city council will meet this evening at 5:30 in the courtroom of the Union City Municipal Building to deal with organizational activities and for a public hearing, to be followed by a regular monthly meeting.
The council will be electing a temporary chairman, a mayor for a two-year term and a mayor pro-tem. The council will also consider operating policies and will be selecting council members to serve on the Union City Electric Power Board and to serve with the mayor or a designee as members of the Union City Municipal-Regional Planning Commission. Members will also be selected to serve on the Union City Board of Zoning Appeals, on the Obion County Chamber of Commerce, on the Obion County Fair board, on the Union City Youth Athletic Alliance board and on the Main Street Union City Inc. board, plus a member will be chosen to serve with the mayor on the Obion County Industrial Development Corp. board.
Items on the agenda for the public hearing include consideration of an ordinance authorizing the establishment of a bank account for receipt of funds and payment of expenses incurred in the construction of the building for the Carey Counseling Center Inc.
Items on the agenda for the regular meeting include:
• consideration of an ordinance authorizing the establishment of a bank account for receipt of funds and payment of expenses incurred in the construction of the building for the Carey Counseling Center Inc.;
• consideration of a resolution to approve a revised salary plan and a revised edition of the personnel merit system for the City of Union City;
• presentation of Blue Cross/Blue Shield contract;
• wastewater treatment plant bid selection and presentation;
• authorization to solicit bids for police department vehicles (two); for police department salvage and for demolition at 919 East Vine St. and 411-13 North Home St.;
• a police department report concerning the request for Ury Street to be made one-way;
• miscellaneous items and bills.
Visitors will also be recognized for the hearing of grievances and/or complaints.
Public meetings are regularly held the first and third Tuesdays of each month and all sessions are open to the public.
For additional information about this meeting or any other, call the city clerk at 885-1341.