UC council to meet
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2012 4:00 pm
The Messenger, December 3, 2012
The Union City city council will meet Tuesday evening at 5:30 in the courtroom of the Union City Municipal Building for a public hearing and a regular monthly meeting.
Items on the agenda for the public hearing include consideration of an ordinance for the city for fiscal year beginning July 1, 2012, and ending June 30, 2013.
Items on the agenda for the regular meeting include:
• consideration of an ordinance authorizing the establishment of a bank account for receipt of funds and payment of expenses incurred in the construction of the building for the Carey Counseling Center Inc.;
• awarding of a wastewater treatment plant rehab bid;
• consideration of a proposal from W&O Construction for mechanical screens;
• an ordinance to appropriate amounts from the hotel/motel tax receipts for fiscal year 2012-13 to the Obion County Industrial Development Corp., the Obion County Chamber of Commerce and Main Street-Union City and to defray the city’s commission for collecting the tax and cost of auditing the taxpayers;
• an ordinance for the city for fiscal year beginning July 1, 2012, and ending June 30, 2013;
• consideration of the awarding of a bid for Carey Counseling CDBG bids;
• authorization to solicit bids for bleachers;
• an appointment to the Union City Industrial Development Corp. and the Union City Beer Board;
• miscellaneous items and bills.
Visitors will also be recognized for the hearing of grievances and/or complaints.
Public meetings are regularly held the first and third Tuesdays of each month and all sessions are open to the public.
For additional information about this meeting or any other, call the city clerk at 885-1341.